Portfolio | Project Showcase
TAC System Formwork allows low rise buildings to be built. These tasks follow a logical sequence for Single Storey Houses:
TAC System Formwork allows high rise buildings to be built at a rate of one complete floor every 4 days (or six floors a month); everything including:
- all walls and slabs of every apartment (internal & external)
- the liftshafts
- the stairwells And stairs
- all balconies
- any parapets
How can such an extraordinary rate of production be consistently achieved?
The answer is “CYCLING”:
- Divide the typical floor into 4 work zones;
- Divide the work into 4 tasks for 4 work teams;
- Each team works in a different zone & simply carries out the same task every day;
- Size the teams so that all members are fully occupied every day;
- Every 4 days a work cycle is completed and a new floor built.
Structural work on site divides into four main tasks:
- Erect and strike vertical forms (walls & column forms)
- Erect and strike horizontal forms (slabs)
- Install deck steel and M&E ducting
- Pour the concrete
These tasks follow a logical sequence. Each task is performed by a separate team which specializes in that task.
A simplistic example:
Assume a restangle building; divide floor into four work zones.